“Music is an outburst of the soul”- Frederick Delius.
If you are one of those people who can relate to the quote and are trying to find the pitch-perfect music system? You have come to the right place!!! This article is specially written for all the Music Heads out there. We have compiled a list of the Best Home Theatre Systems in India so that you can truly appreciate every musical detail.
In today’s world where everything is changing, our entertainment needs are also changing. They are, in fact, growing. A couple of years back entertainment was to head out on the weekend and party in clubs or enjoy the latest movies in the cinema.
But now, more and more people are preferring the cozy set-up of the home to host a few known people over for a private party. People are surely making the most out of staying safe at home and saving a ton from splurging outside.
List of Best Home Theatre Systems in India
1) Sony HT-S500RF 5.1ch Dolby Audio Soundbar Home Theatre System
Sony has always known to appreciate the true sound. And it has always done justice to sound by producing the best in industry sound systems for commercial and home use.
The Sony HT-S500RF 5.1ch Dolby Audio Soundbar Home Theatre System is designed specifically to provide the best sound effects in the home environment. It is priced under the 30K bracket and offers quality sound when hosting home parties, movie nights, and more.
- 5.1 Channel: The surround sound effect is achieved with a total of 5 powerful speakers. 3 speakers are assembled in the Sound Bar. 2 more are wired speakers that can be placed anywhere in the room allowing you to experience the perfect theatre-like surround sound effects.
- Wired Sub-woofer: The low-frequency tones and the bass are well delivered by the 7-inch compact yet powerful subwoofer. The soundbar does a good job at delivering mid and high-frequency notes with clarity. On the whole, this system makes sure that you don’t miss a single note or beat of importance.
- Multi-connectivity options: In this new age and day, Multi- connectivity is an absolute need. Whether you are in the mood for music on VH1 or you want to listen to your favourite album on the I-pod, this sound system has got you covered. It offers a wide range of connectivity options to support modern needs such as HDMI ARC, Blue-tooth, USB and Optical Cable.
1. It is easy to set up and install as it does not require any technical knowledge of such.
2. The system is easy to connect as it allows smartphone compatibility as well as compatibility with many other gadgets.
3. Gets you your money’ worth.
Wires for the rear speaker may fall short, measuring 6m.
Standing at the 2nd position is…
2) Sony HT-RT3 5.1ch Dolby Audio
It should be no surprise that Sony takes second place on our list as they know their stereos in and out. This speaker system offers good quality sound in the home set up for music and much more. Priced around 20K, this is surely one of the most value for money Home Theatre Systems you can invest in.
- 5.1 Channel: The Sony HT-RT3 5.1ch Dolby Audio comes with a total of 5 speakers. 3 speakers are clubbed together into the soundbar, and 2 more speakers are given individually as for the rear. The sound system includes one wired sub-woofer which delivers excellent bass and low-frequency notes. Peak power output stands at 600W, which is more than sufficient to host a gathering of fun and dance.
- Dolby Digital and Clear Audio+ compatibility: This home theatre system offers crystal clear audio effects so that you and your loved ones can move to every beat and enhance your movie viewing experience. The system comes with the S-Master digital amplifier to help minimize distortion and cast satisfying sound effects.
- NFC and Blue-tooth compatible: This power-packed home theatre system offers hassle-free connectivity so that you can jive and sway to your favourite music wire-free. It has NFC connectivity which allows you to connect any of your NFC enabled devices by simply tapping on the sub-woofer. It is also equipped with bluetooth connectivity.
1. Hassle-free set-up, you can do it n your own with no need for technical support.
2. Comes with a wide range of connectivity options that allow you the freedom to use any device with the sound system.
3. Value for money and it’s powerful.
We couldn’t quite think of any cons for this piece of satisfaction, so moving on to the 3rd option on our list of Best Home Theatre Systems in India …
3) Blaupunkt Germany’s SBW-03
This home theatre system is a pretty basic option. It comes with a wired subwoofer and a soundbar which provides a decent sound effect for the home environment. But this system is surely one of the most friendly on the pockets, priced under 10K.
- Dolby Audio Support: The system is equipped to support Dolby Audio which will allow decent sound delivery at a home set up. Although you won’t be able to experience a surround sound effect due to the lack of rear speakers, the 2.1 system sure do justice to every note and tone of your favourite soundtracks.
- Multiple connectivity Support: The modern family needs a modern system that supports various mediums of connectivity to enjoy music on the go. The Blaupunkt Germany’s SBW-03 supports easy connectivity through AUX-in, Blue-tooth and USB to ensure ease of use.
- Audio Modes: This home theatre system comes with multiple modes that you can pick from to so that you can get the maximum satisfaction. You can pick between Music, Movies, news and 3D mode to adjust the equalizer to deliver quality sound effects accordingly.
1. The Wired systems offer better sound quality as they don’t have disruptions due to external interference.
2. Good Bass delivery is a given, thanks to the Dolby support and optical wiring system.
3. Light on the pockets.
The lack of rear speakers is a disadvantage because there would be no surround sound effects.
Coming up on the 4th position is the
4) LG SJ3 2.1Ch 300W
This sound system is too, well under the 10K budget. It works really well with your LG smart TVs to reproduce a better sound effect for your viewing pleasures. The system consists of a soundbar and a sub-woofer which are wireless to avoid the wire-y hassles.
- Adaptive Sound Control: The LG SJ3 2.1Ch 300W is equipped with Adaptive Sound Control. This means the sound system smartly detects the type of sound, differentiates between movies, music and more to set the sound accordingly for the best possible audio-visual experience under the 10K budget range.
- Blue-tooth Stand-by: This home theatre system comes with a special feature of Blue-tooth Stand-by. This feature allows the system to wake up from standby mode as soon as a track is selected to play on the smartphone. And when there is no track playing, the system automatically sets into standby mode after a set period of time.
- 300W RMS Output: This sound system is sufficiently powerful for a home set-up. It comes with a compact sub-woofer and a wireless soundbar. The total power output stands at 300W maximum for the ultimate party booster.
1. Offers a neat and sophisticated look along with erasing the mess of handling with the wireless connectivity.
2. You can control the sound system with just the TV remote and don’t have to worry about having more than one remote.
3. Blue-tooth Stand-by feature is a plus as now you don’t have to deal with the low static noise if there is no music playing.
No HDMI connectivity may be a setback for older TVs with no wireless connectivity.
For the 5th position on our list, we have yet another Sony system… Sony undoubtedly has some of the best sound production in the industry.
5) Sony HT-IV300 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital DTH
This home theatre system by Sony is one of the compact yet powerful options from its wide range. It is priced well under 30K so, it shouldn’t be too heavy on your pockets. The system is capable of delivering a sound output of a whooping 1000W at peak. This is pretty impressive considering the compact sizing of the sub-woofer and speakers. The S Master digital amplifier makes sure that every note and tone is heard in its right frequency and does not distort any sound.
- 5.1 Surround sound: The system comes with a wired subwoofer, 3 front speakers and 2 rear speakers that can be placed or mounted in the room. The cool thing about the front and rear speakers is that they are compact and have the ability to be nudged into the right direction after being mounted.
- 1000W output: The Sony HT-IV300 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital DTH, with its 5.1 surround system throws out 1000W of powerful sound at its peak. It should be more than sufficient for a regular home set whether it’s a movie night at home or you have a party going on and want some beats to jive to.
- Multiple connectivity options: This home theatre system offers you the comfort of connecting via different wired and wireless options. The sound system is equipped with Miracast to allow screen mirroring. It is easy to connect to the DTH set-top box too if you don’t wish to connect to your TV directly. It also features blue-tooth and NFC connectivity. Connecting to the TV is possible through various ports such as HDMI, optical, and SPDIF.
1. Wide range of connectivity options allows you to use the system with minimal to no hassles as it is compatible with most old and new gadgets.
2. Installing and setting up the system is easy as a breeze as you don’t need any assistance.
3. This system will get your money’s worth in terms of sound quality and usability.
- It does not have an AUX option.
- The length of the rear wires may fall too short in some cases.
The 6th place in our list of Best Home Theatre Systems in India is taken by the…
6) Sony HT-S20R 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar HTS
The Sony HT-S20R 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar HTS is a very aesthetic sound system. It does not take up too much space in the room. The system is equipped to produce 400W of sound at maximum and is perfect for a small/mid-sized TV. If you are expecting a just performance of sound for your TV viewing and a bit of light musical entertainment, this system is apt for you. It is priced within the 20K price bracket. Making it a decent choice without tearing through your wallet.
- 5.1 Channel: this sound system comes with a wired subwoofer, a soundbar with 3 speakers and 2 rear speakers. The low-frequency notes are well delivered by the very capable sub-woofer and the mid and high frequencies are managed by the soundbar and rear speaker. Surround sound effect is achieved as each speaker covers every note.
- Varied connectivity options: connecting to this sound system with your smartphone or your TV is very easy with the help of varied wired and wireless options. It features the HDMI, AUX and UEB ports along with the blue-tooth option.
- Easy set-up: Setting up this sound system is comparatively easy as all the ports and wires are colour coded. All the wires are to be plugged into the sub-woofer.
1. Easy installation with the help of colour-coded wires and ports.
2. Multiple connectivity options allow ease of usage.
3. Not so hefty price tag for a decent sound system that enhances your TV viewing pleasures.
- The wired used are proprietary, so in case of damaged wires, you will have to check with Sony for a new replacement.
- The device does not support NFC connectivity.
The last option on our list that seems worthy of mention is the
7) JBL Cinema SB231 2.1 Channel Dolby Digital
The only JBL sound system that suits the pocket-friendly price range does not disappoint one bit in terms of performance. Expecting a surround sound effect would be unrealistic with this system. It comes with a subwoofer and a soundbar with 2 speakers infused in it.
- Blue-tooth Connectivity: This speaker system offers assorted connectivity options such as the HDMI eARC and optical cables for the wired connections and Blue-tooth for connecting with your smartphone or any other compatible device.
- Dolby digital support: Although the system does not produce a surround sound effect, the Dolby Digital support included allows decent sound delivery without any distortions.
- 110W power output: the total power output peaks at 110W, which is decent for a 2.1 channel system. The sound delivery can be considered to be sufficient for most households.
1. The Bass Production is decent for a normal household.
2. Minimal wires to manage.
3. It is Budget-friendly.
A Slightly larger room would not be happy with this system’s limitations.
Now that we have listed out the Best Home Theatre Systems in India under 30K. We have a few questions answered about buying a home theatre system.
- 5 Best OLED TVs in India in (2021) Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- OLED vs QLED TV Technology | Pros & Cons | Which is better in 2021?
- 10 Best Laptops under 50000 in India
Frequently Asked Questions about Home Theatres:
A: A home theatre system has a TV (regular or smart, Smart TVs are better as they have more compatibility), an audio/visual source such as a set-top box or Mp3 player, etc., the home theatre receiver, and the speakers. But, assuming that you have the TV and audio/visual source; most home theatre systems comprise the receiver and speakers.
A: Yes, Most of your new age home theatre needs no technical knowledge. They can be used straight after unboxing. All you have to do is plug in the system to a power outlet and the compatible device and you are good to go.
A: You can determine the kind of speaker set-up you want to have at home by keeping these numbers in mind. Now usually, numbers like 2.0 of 3.0 (with .0) mean they come with 2 or 3 speakers and not sub-woofers. Numbers like 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 mean they come with a total of 2/3/5 speakers and 1 sub-woofer. (Keep in mind that the numbers after the decimal point usually denote the sub-woofer). Then you may come across a number like 7.2.1 channel. Here, it means you will be getting 7 speakers with 2 more overhead speakers and 1 sub-woofer. These kinds of systems offer Dolby Atmos sound for a 3D, surround sound effect. It gives the audience an engulfed effect.
A: The main responsibility of a sub-woofer is to produce low-frequency sounds with more clarity. The normal speaker system without a sub-woofer does not have the capability to isolate the low-frequency sounds and enhance them. So the sound produced will not have a complete feel to it.
A: Yes, if the household set-up is larger than usual, you may feel that the bass is not as strong or immersive as it is in other areas of the room, In such cases, you can have a second sub-woofer set up accordingly. Having more than one sub-woofer will need your consideration in terms of space but if you do go ahead, you will not be disappointed as the surround sound effect will have enhanced noticeably.
A: Technically speaking, a soundbar alone cannot be considered as a home theatre system as it lacks the main component; a sub-woofer that helps deliver the bass effectively. However, a soundbar is a decent alternative as it comes with 2-3 speakers which are placed on the left, right, and centre. Adding a sub-woofer and side/rear speakers to the soundbar would complete the setup and then it can be considered as a home theatre system.
A: yes, you can. Most of your new age home theatre systems are wi-fi enabled, which means they can be connected to a power source and all the components can be synced with wi-fi to play harmoniously without having any wiring issues. Just make sure to place each component of the system within the stipulated range to enjoy no disruptions in your playback.
A: Both, wired and wireless home theatre systems have their advantages. The Wireless systems offer better aesthetics for the room and are easy to handle with the lack of tangled wires. But the wired system is a better option if you consider only the sound quality as the cables offer better sound clarity. It happens to be better as there would be no external interference that messes with the signals.
A: The wattage of speakers required always depends on the size and structure of your room. Ideally, the general rule prescribes that each individual speaker should have a power output of at least 125W. But, if you have a TV with in-built speakers of 20W, adding 5 speakers with an individual capacity of 75W each and a sub-woofer with 150W will have a total output of 475W. This should be pretty satisfying for the regular home set-up.
Most brands are capable of producing the right kind of home theatres and it depends mostly on you to choose the appropriate one. But to list down some of the prominent brands, we recommend the following: