Everyone wishes to have a lovely garden area with an eye-catching grass lawn. But it will be a significant challenge to get control over the scale of the grass growth. For this, you will need the Best Lawn Mower in India to get a beautiful lawn. Although, managing it is quite a challenge. In this scenario of trimming the grass in your garden field, the Lawn mowers would undoubtedly support you.
With lawn mowers, you can cut the grass uniformly and clear by merely moving the mower. There are various styles of lawn mowers available in the market. You have to be clear about your preferences and needs before buying the Lawn mower.
In selecting suitable lawn mowers, you must think of certain things. Here we provide you with a Buyer’s Guide along with some of the finest lawn mowers available in the market. You can read the buying guide and select the one according to your preferences. We have mentioned all the selected lawn mowers for you in this article.
Best Lawn Mowers in India
|Lawn Mower||View||Cutting Width|
|Makita Japan 1400 W Electric Lawn Mower||Check Price on Amazon||37 cm|
|Sharpex 1800 W Electric Lawn Mower||Check Price on Amazon||40 cm|
|Black + Decker Electric 1400 W Lawnmower||Check Price on Amazon||34 cm|
|Sharpex Classic Push Manual Lawn Mower||Check Price on Amazon||40 cm|
|Falcon Easy 38 Hand Lawn Mower||Check Price on Amazon||38 cm|
|BKR 300 Electric Lawn Mower||Check Price on Amazon||30 cm|
|Makita 1800W Electric lawn mower||Check Price on Amazon||46 cm|
|Bosch Arm-37 1400-Watt Lawn Mower||Check Price on Amazon||32 cm|
|Sharpex Electric Lawn Mower (18 inch Cutting Blade)||Check Price on Amazon||45 cm|
|Falcon Premium Hand Lawn Mower with 300mm Blades||Check Price on Amazon||30 cm|
Here we are presenting some of the best electric lawn mowers that are commonly used in India. Besides, it helps to reduce your uncertainty about buying Lawn mowers. Go through these goods and pick the best one that suits your needs.
1. Makita Japan 1400 W Electric Lawn Mower
In the power tools industry, Makita is a prevalent brand. You will find many tools and equipment such as drilling machines, lawn mowers, chain saws, and other quality items.
Makita’s electric lawn mower operates with a foldable frame for more accessible storage on a push-type mechanism. Moreover, it works well for mowing 500 m2 of office lawns and average-sized yards. Besides, the Lawn mower is lightweight and easy to use, along with a solid UV-resistant plastic body.
- 65 X 49 X 35 cm Dimensions
- Weight – 14.2 kg
- Cutting width – 37 cm
- Power – 1400 W
- Noise level – 83 dB (A)
- Upto 3 levels of Cutting height adjustment
- Brine tank – 35 l
- Warranty – 6 months
- Electric Motor – 1.8 HP
It has 35l of storage space to collect the grass in the bag, and it quickly covers the entire lawn with its cutting width. And you have to change the cutting height at three levels to make your lawn look stunning. Besides, you can do it according to your need to get the perfect grass trim.
- Best for normal-sized gardens
- It is easy to adjust the cutting height as it comes with 3 levels
- Easy to use and store
- Strong grade plastic with 18/10 steel
- Enhance the shine, durability, and rust.
- You will not get any power cable.
- Also, You have to buy the cable according to the desired length.
- You will have to sharpen the blades after repeated usage
- Besides, not the ideal one for mowing large lawns or thick grass.
2. Sharpex 1800 W Electric Lawn Mower
A vast number of products, including gardening and agriculture, have been engineered and innovated by Sharpex products. However, its appearance, shape, and characteristics are primarily related to the urban and home gardening market.
- Dimensions – 88.89X58.39X61.02 cm
- Weight – 25 kg
- Grass collecting box – 55 l
- Power – 1800 W to 2800 RPM
- 16 inches blade size
- Material – Steel
- Color – multicolor
It uses a powerful 1800 W electric motor to quickly and effectively mow the lawn (sucks dry leaves, germs, etc.). Another attribute of this mower is that it comes with a visible 100-foot fluorescent cable. Besides, it lets you mow your lawn without setting up any extra power cable.
It uses 220 Volt 2 hp electric motors and resembles an induction type with copper winding.
- It consists of 30 meters’ visible fluorescent orange cable. Besides, it has one extra blade, tool kit, and cleaning brush.
- Moreover, it comes with a 6 level height adjustment cutting to cut all the excess grass.
- The 16 – inch blade of this mower will help you to get done with the work.
- In addition, it saves your time and labor owing to the inbuilt grass catcher.
- You can easily assemble it
- Great fit for medium to large-sized lawns.
Metal used is quite heavy.
3. Black + Decker Electric 1400 W Lawnmower
The Black + Decker electric lawn mower (1400 W) will come with a bike handle, and It works well to keep your lawns or garden beautiful. Moreover, for small to medium-sized yards, it is ideal to use.
It uses EdgeMax technology that uses the blade’s maximum width to make it easy to cut right up to the edges. Therefore, to clean up as you go, there is no need to go backward and forward.
Also, it comprises a high-performance cutting system. It cuts the grass precisely and it even cuts long and damp grass easily. Besides, the big, durable rear wheels easily handle bumps and rough terrain and enhance maneuverability.
- 75.2 X 38.2 X 41.4 cm dimensions
- Weight – 13.5 kg
- Power – 1400 W
- Warranty – 2 years from the date of invoice
- Grass collecting box – 40 l
- Cutting width – 34 cm
- Blade size – 13 inch
- The cable storage facility onboard keeps the long and functional cable clean and free from tangles.
- Using a simple one-touch adjustment lever, cutting heights of 6 level heights (20 mm, 30 mm, 40 mm, 50 mm, 60 mm & 70 mm) are possible in a straightforward motion.
- Uses 1400 W of power to address overgrowth
- Suitable for medium sizes of up to 400 meters square.
- It comes with an extension cord measuring 10 meters.
- It is made of solid plastic; therefore, the unit is lightweight and can easily be moved.
- Besides, it is challenging to cut longer grass in one go.
- However, you cannot use it for large lawns.
- In addition, it is a walk-behind lawn mower where you have to push and walk with this lawn for proper mowing.
4. Sharpex Classic Push Manual Lawn Mower
It is another mower from the Sharpex brand. It is a manual mower that uses a scissoring motion, and the blades rotate vertically to cut the grass. However, with spinning blades, your physical activity of pushing this mower will cut the grass to an even height.
Accessories: This mower not only cuts the lawn but also helps with its grass catcher bag to keep the garden area tidy and clean.
How to Use: With no maintenance, it is lightweight and easy to run and is most suitable for small and medium-sized lawns. Although to drive it, you have to apply enough force, and the blades turn around to cut the grass. The edges are made of abrasion-resistant, high carbon, nickel alloy steel that makes it bear and break-resistant.
- Weight – 12.8 kg
- Blade size – 16 inch
- Material – steel
- Color – multicolor
- Warranty – 6 months
- Cutting height – 15 to 35 mm
- Height adjustment level – 5 stages
Storing Place: Daily look-over would probably enhance the lawn mowers’ efficiency and thus prolong its life. So, please keep it in a place that protects the equipment from changing weather conditions.
- Easy to operate
- It comes with a detachable grass box
- Easy to assemble
- No power source
- Not an ideal one for rough terrain
- Although, it is somewhat challenging to assemble the machine
- Users suggest having a user manual.
5. Falcon Easy 38 Hand Lawn Mower
This Falcon simple 38 high carbon steel 15-inch hand lawn mower is used to achieve the best grass cutting. Besides, it has plastic wheels with rubber tires that have a high impact. However, the two parted power coated pipe handles will also allow you to push it without any strain properly. Moreover, it is robust and free of rust.
Grass Collector: There is a grass collector that is made of quality plastic to make you strain free in collecting the grass. And, after you mow your ground, make sure to clear the grass collection bag.
- Cutting width – 380 mm
- Number of cuts per meter – 40
- Cutting height – 12 to 30 mm
- Weight – 12 kg
- 64 X 45.7 X 30.5 cm Dimensions
- Model number – Easy-38
- Warranty – 6 months
- Color – multicolor
It has powder coating paint and a cylindrical suspension ball bearing. Besides, it mainly helps you trim the grass with three cutting height adjustments (12 – 21 – 30). Also, it is relatively easy to assemble, operate and store.
- No electricity or fuel required
- It is ready to use.
- Height adjustments with 40 cuts per meter.
- Powder-coated paint prevents corrosion
- Easy to handle
- Besides, it works well for small lawn areas
- Trim the grass perfectly.
- Challenging to mow on thick grass and large grass lawns
- Not so suitable for medium to large-sized yards.
6. BKR 300 Electric Lawn Mower
It is the smallest and cheapest model in the list of Best Lawn Mowers in India. Besides, it comes with a 1000-watt induction motor, which gives high efficiency. Moreover, it comes with a manual push option for a small lawn or garden to perfectly cut the grass.
With this BKR Lawn mower, you could set three height levels. The machine has a cutting width of 300 mm, and the grass box has 25-liter of capacity. That’s what makes it an ideal alternative to keep your small lawns lovely and lush.
For an effortless and even cutting experience, the BKR electric mower will work effectively. Also, you can quickly roll it around your garden as it is not so heavy. Moreover, the equipment also features a sturdy, foldable handle and robust wheels. It is thereby ensuring an awe-inspiring mowing experience.
- Compact and Handy Lawn Mower.
- 1000-Watt Motor with Better Performance.
- Perfect for Small Lawns and Gardens.
- Small Design and Sturdy Wheels.
- 25-Liter Grass Box for Debris.
- For people with smaller lawns, this BKR mower will be a perfect product that gets benefits and does its job well.
- Besides, it allows you to adjust the grass cutting height at three levels, and the cutting width is 300mm.
- You can clean the lawn in less than an hour.
- Being smaller, it is also lightweight, and you can easily carry it.
It is fundamental, and you cannot use it for extensive lawns. However, it is a perfect fit for small yards and gardens.
7. Makita 1800W Electric lawn mower
Makita offers 1800watt of the electric lawn mower in the market. It’s the leading brand’s more sophisticated and efficient 1800W lawn mower. Besides, the unit has a 460 mm cutting width and provides various cutting height levels at 20 mm, 32 mm, 44 mm, 60 mm, and 75 mm.
Besides, the Makita has a propelling speed of 3.6km/h. Also, you can use it for a mowing area of 1,000m2. Plus, it has a wide box of 60 liters of grass.
If you have a large lawn and a spacious yard, you get the right piece of equipment with this Makita product. Moreover, you can use it to mow the lawn at a somewhat quicker pace in a professional manner. Besides, it is one of the top-notch and efficient lawn mowers that you will find in the market today.
There is an easy-to-handle mechanism on the mower. With an easy-grip, it features a wide knob. Also, the roller wheels are trendy units of PVC that are undoubtedly sturdy and solid. In addition, the steel deck could safeguard the plastic front cover.
- Powerful 1800-Watt Lawn Mower.
- Perfect for Large Lawns and Gardens.
- 5-Stage Adjustable Cutting Heights.
- Easy-to-Move and Durable Wheels.
- Great Propelling Speed and Cutting Depth.
- You will also get an adjustable handle.
- Besides, it has three levels of cutting heights.
- High-quality materials are used for producing this item.
- The product is super easy to assemble.
The mower makes a lot of noise.
8. Bosch Arm-37 1400-Watt Lawn Mower
Next on our list of the best electric lawn mowers in India is Bosch Arm 1400 Watt Lawn Mower. It comes with a 1400W unit with a good build and robust construction. Besides, you can use it for both broad and medium-sized lawns. Also, it is an excellent option with a cutting width of 37 cm.
It has an effective mechanism to ensure rapid and productive mowing. Although, by modifying the engine’s torque, the 1400W motor and great gear set work together to ensure the perfect output of the blade. Therefore, with increased load, it will give better and unexpected results.
The Bosch Lawn mower has rotary blades to perfect the cutting process. Overall, the unit weighs 12 kg, so that you can drive it around on its sturdy and robust wheels comfortably. Besides, the size of the grass box is 40 liters. Therefore you have to empty it after every process. Overall, you can call it one of the ideal mowers for your lawn in the Indian market.
- Durable and Handy Lawn mower.
- 1400-Watt Motor and 21 Nm Torque.
- Perfect for Large-Sized Lawns.
- Compact Design and Sturdy Wheels.
- 40-Liter Grass Box.
- It has a cutting width of 32cm. Also, you can set the height between 20 and 60m.
- You can easily fold the mowing handle. Also, you will get a grip handle thereby, making it easy to handle.
- It comprises two sets of sturdy wheels each and also a 31L grass collecting bin.
- Not particularly ideal for more extensive lawns.
- The motor heats up quite quickly.
9. Sharpex Electric Lawn Mower (18 inch Cutting Blade)
Indeed, Sharpex provides a range of agricultural instruments and equipment. Its electric lawn mower series is well-known in the Indian market. We have a top-end variant thereof 18-in blades of metal. Moreover, you can use it for broad lawns and gardens.
The Sharpex showcases heat-treated blades made of high-quality steel alloy. They can also remain sharper for a more extended period, helping you experience a better grass cutting experience. Besides, it has a rotating blade to ensure more professionalism in mowing.
It’s a powerful lawn mower with a 220V 2.5HP single-phase engine. As said above, the blades are razor-sharp 18-inch units. Also, you will get a spacious 55-liter grass collector enclosure, which is detachable. Plus, it features four highly robust metal rim roller wheels.
The mower is easy to use and carry. Also, it consists of Multiple handle heights. For both kinds of consumers, it is conveniently manageable. Plus, a slim and lightweight frame is seen, and the handles are foldable for easy storage during use. Overall, you’re having a great piece of Sharpex lawn mower.
- Handy and Comfortable Lawn Mower.
- Spacious and Detachable 55L Grass Box.
- 18-Inch Blades Made of Alloy Steel.
- Handle with Multiple Height Positions.
- Durable Wheels with Metal Gear Rim.
- An outstanding tool
- It consists of two blade sizes, which you can select depending on your needs.
- Its 18-inch blade is large enough for medium size lawns.
- Besides, it uses a powerful 1800W engine.
- However, each wheel has its mechanism to alter its height from 20mm to 75mm.
- You will get a garbage box with a 30-meter-long wire.
- The price of this machine is much more than other mowers mentioned on the list.
- Metal is used for making the main body, which has caused the mower’s weight to rise to 25kg.
- Hard to carry due to its weight.
This push-lawn mower doesn’t use any power source, and it runs as the user pushes it. It involves spinning blades and a plastic box to sweep up the grass after cutting. And the yellow and black colors are part of the architecture.
- Power: Manual Machine
- Blade Size: 300 mm
- Weight: 12.00 KGs
- Falcon Hand Lawn Mower designs the four-part pipe handle & rubber tires.
- It comes with a set of six fixed blades of 300mm that gives a well-groomed look to your lawn.
- When it rotates, the spinning cylinder used in this system forces the grass against the blades to leave the lawn well-trimmed.
- For excellent grip, the handle has a fine powder-coated finish.
- Besides, it comes with a three-year warranty. This Lawn mower is easy to maneuver and work with.
Customers complained of the blades slipping. Moreover, you cannot use it for cutting the long grass.
Different Types of Lawn Mowers
Walk-Behind Power Mower
Here in India, these are the most practical and readily available lawn mowers available. You need to walk behind it while the cutting motor is powered to give it a little boost to go forward.
On the other hand, you need strength to move it forward. Also, it is a perfect fit for small to medium lawn sizes. Besides, it is lightweight enough to drive around. Again, it costs less and is simpler to manage as well.
Robots do not take over the planet, but some of them can help those who hate to mow their lawns. These tiny mowers are programmed to work at a specific time, like the mopping robots. Also, they can do most of the mowing work done without your supervision. However, the only problem is that they cost a lot and are also not readily accessible in India.
Push Reel Mower
This mechanical equipment will also be beneficial if you have minimal needs and don’t demand much from a lawn mower. However, it is traditionally used for mowing lawns in the early days of mowers. They don’t require electricity of any sort and are manually controlled.
This particular kind of mower has no pedals, as its name implies. Instead of using the air cushion, it hovers above the lawn floor. These mowers use rubber and have electric motors to hold their weight in place. Also, the use of hover mowers over rough terrain is challenging.
Buying Guide For a Lawn Mower
You would have to decide the kind of mower you would need and how high its power should be. However, it should depend on the size of your lawn. It’ll save not only your time but also your money. Take note of the height of your yard and get a recommended mower for that size.
Corded or Cordless
Most of the mowers you will come across here will be wired, and to run them, you will have to ensure a nearby plug point. Some also ask you to supply a cord of your own. You can find a cordless mower if you look hard. But that’ll just be worth the cost for a broad lawn.
A simple electric mower allows you to walk behind them and drive them along. Also, it only needs fuel for the engine to move ahead. Self-propelled ones also require you to walk behind them, but they will make you sweat a lot when pushing.
Cutting Width and Adjustable Height
The larger the cutting blade, the quicker you can cover the lawn and the fewer rounds you need to make. Besides, take note of this trait of each mower you search for to find a good balance. Get a Lawn mower with adjustable height to get done with the mowing work quickly. Most of the people are tall and therefore, they will need to adjust the handle height of the mower.
Most new Lawn mowers come with a grass box that keeps the garbage until you dispose of it elsewhere. Because you don’t want the grass falling back on the lawn, you may require smaller storage space to empty the garbage more often than a larger box.
The starting mechanism is an important thing to look at before buying a lawn mower. Although, this starting strategy depends on the type of mower that you use to mow your yard. In general, it is a little challenging to start petrol lawn mowers instead of electric mowers. Overall, it is also an important aspect to look while you buy a lawn mower.
Another vital thing to remember while buying a lawn mower is the clippings. In general, the grass clippings can discharge much of the manual reel onto the lawn. So, bagging and mulching mowers are going to play an important role here. It will help you get done with things easily within a specific time.
A lot of mowers can mow near the lawn edges and along with the barriers. Therefore, it can help you minimize the time wasted by using a grass trimmer or shears to cut the remaining grass. So, for the great mowing of your lawn, pick the one with features like grass combs.
Reliability and Warranty
You must keep reliability and warranty while getting a lawn mower. Many manufacturers offer the mower with at least a 2-year warranty. Also, some have a lifetime rubber deck warranty. However, many suppliers only provide warranties for flaws in the material or quality in regular use and repair of the material.
Ensure the engine characteristics and new systems such as maxi-clean filters or Overhead Value Technology (OHV). These are used to keep the lawn mower engine last for a long time.
These are some of the things which you should keep in mind while buying a lawn mower. Also, these points will help you to make a decision. You can check out its price and other features to clear the confusion. However, all the lawns mentioned above mowers are perfect for mowing small, medium, and large yard and home gardens.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on how carefully you use the lawn mower. If well treated, it lasts for about 7 and 9 years, or else it will last for around 4 to 5 years.
Electric and fuel lawn mowers perform well to maintain the lawn. But the only problem is that electric mowers can not make the ozone-depleting material outflow less costly than a fuel mower.
Fuel mowers have more power and can last the mowing session for a long time. But it’s servicing is a little challenging, and these machines also come with a pull cord. They are thereby making it difficult for specific individuals to use. Electric mowers are clean and quick to start, but they won’t work for long without proper charging.
However, electric lawn mowers are the best fit for small to medium-sized lawn areas. At the same time, fuel lawn mowers are best for large plots.
It emits about 75 decibels, which is about the noise of the regular washer of clothing. While the fuel mower produces about 95 decibels, sounding like a motorcycle noise.
The cost would certainly rely on what kind of mower you’re buying. The price may vary depending on the brand and features. So, based on your budget for mowing your lawn, pick the right product.
Many lawn mowers have a rotary blade under the mower at a central point to cut the grass as it spins. Through this mechanism, the rotary mowers will work. Simultaneously, the cylinder mower cuts the grass like scissors to have a good finish and makes it suitable for manicured show lawns. As rotary mowers do, the cylinder mowers do not deal with long grass well.