When searching the market for the best Sewing machine in the market, you find stores flooded with a wide range of Sewing Machines from various companies, and you can’t make up your mind which brand or model to buy.
You use it to mend basic tears of our daily clothes to Sewing pockets, lace applique or embroidery to your kid’s frocks and trousers as well as Sewing curtains and various other projects for our home to designing for commercial use, as means of earning for a decent livelihood or for presentation for ramps.
When searching the market for the best Sewing machine in the market, you find stores flooded with a wide range of Sewing Machines from various companies, and you can’t make up your mind, which brand or model to buy.
Hence, the companies manufacturing Sewing machines, launch a wide variety of Sewing Machines that are available in the market with a wide range of specifications and various price ranges.
The Best Sewing Machines In India
There are various sewing machines available in the Indian market and although you strive to create your dreams into reality, it becomes very difficult to decide, as to which brand and model with the right kind of specifications would meet your expectations. Let us look at the features, compare the price, look at the pros and cons and compare and then decide which brand and model is ideal for your needs.
USHA, a name with a very high brand value, gives you assured quality and after-sales services, it is a very difficult choice to decide which model to choose from this brand.
1. Usha Janome Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
Usha Janome Automatic zig-zag Electric Sewing Machine is ideal for those seeking to start a journey in creating beautiful crafts from fabric.
This is a highly rated model from a brand powered with Japanese technology and comes with all the features of a normal Sewing machine added with a zig-zag sewing feature, a compact free arm that allows to sew in a circular motion, additional features include an impressive 550 spm (spin per minute)and has14 applications to help you explore various functionalities while Sewing.
It is available at an affordable price along with a 2 years manufacturer’s warranty and user’s manual, helping you in mending and stitching different kinds of fabric in no time.
- It has a very good speed of 550 spm (Stitch per minute), stitch length control and triple strength Stitch along with an auto tripping bobbin system.
- It is provided with a 2 years manufacturer’s warranty along with the user’s manual.
- 14 applications are provided to help you with different needs like 4 step button holing, zip fixing, smoking, rolled hemming, fixing lace, smoking and quilting.
- This automatic zig-zag sewing machine compact free arm allows a comfortable sewing with much less pressure on your arms, and with its tension control, drop feed for embroidery and stitch pattern selector dial features allows you to choose according to your various needs.
- This lightweight sewing machine Weighs 5.95 kilograms, and has the Dimensions of 14.5 × 8 × 11 cm( L×W×H).
- It has a sturdy built body which enables smooth performance without vibrating too much.
- This sewing machine is equipped with drop feed for embroidery, manual needle threading, sewing light, and auto tripping bobbin system.
- USHA Janome automatic zig-zag electric sewing machine has a variety of models resulting in a better purchasing experience for the consumer.
- Automatic zig-zag Sewing with compact free arm and pressure adjuster along with sewing light enables you to work comfortably even in lesser light.
- Some minor problems have been found in this product.
2. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
This sewing machine is best suited for those seeking to create wonderful crafts out of fabric, for a hobby, or for bigger projects.
Crafted from Japanese technology, this Sewing Machine comes with a speed of 860 SPM which is quite fast, it’s compact, circular motion, 13 built-in stitches, and 21 applications added and a wide range of features like inbuilt stitching without any issues date of stitching with quality stitching and has lots of adjustment option, perfect for your particular needs and much more reliable compared to other models.
The large size of the product ensures a sturdy base. This wonderful machine allows you to work seamlessly without getting tired and feeling less pressure on your hands.
- Compact free arm feature enables circular Stitch along with its zig-zag Sewing.
- The drop feed feature ensures smooth embroidery and stitching effectively.
- Its strong triple stitches feature allows you to create beautiful designs.
- lightweight and compact design allows you to carry it easily from one room to another and keep it in storage at a higher place.
- This lightweight sewing machine is 17.42 kilogram in weight and has a dimension of 35 ×23 × 45 centimeters (L×W×H).
- Simple and classy design doesn’t compromise with its high-speed Sewing.
- It’s high-speed Sewing (860 spm) allows a very convenient and fast Sewing experience.
- Has a sturdy built base with a comfortable height.
- Easy to choose patterns from the designs offered.
- Although it is motorized, it is quite energy efficient.
- Due to its advanced features it is a bit less budget friendly.
3. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
The third model of Usha among the expertise of this company in which they specialise among the Zig-Zag electric sewing machines is the USHA JANOME Allure DLX.
Even, a beginner can produce quality crafts with this wide range of the Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine series, effortlessly and in no time.
The long list of features, not only allows you to produce beautiful craft along with minor mends but also gives you good quality stitches which make these sewing machines stand out as an excellent choice among the list of various other brands.
- Along with other features the they enable you not only to Stitch zig-zag, but there are Inbuilt stitches settings which allow you to sew 13 basic and decorative designs.
- It has a slow switching speed of 550 so that you get pretty for stronger stitching, the knob in the sewing machine can be turned to a slower speed as 550 SPM
- You get a two year manufacturing warranty with this product along with the user’s manual.
- Weight 6.9 kilograms, Dimension 44.5×34×23.3 Centimetres (L×W×H)
- Simple and lightweight design allows you to carry anywhere very easily.
- Along with other accessories a CD is provided to allow you to learn easily about the swing machine.
- It has a two years manufacturing warranty from the time of purchase.
- It’s speed control knob enables you to stitch with 550 SPM to allow you precision with stronger stitching and works effectively when you foot paddle and has 21 applications.
- A number of people have complained that they have not received the Demo DVD that was meant to be provided with the package.
4. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Sewing Machine
The Usha Janome Dream Stitch Magic Sewing Machine is the fourth automatic machine manufactured by USHA, which is white expensive compared to other products mentioned available in the line.
The build quality is reliable and this machine can be worked on with ease due to its amazing built quality and is amazingly wonderful which has all the basic features that are a requirement for a quality product to be used safely in a rush.
This is a lightweight sewing machine with a sturdy base, which has two knobs to let it adjust patterns and stitches in no time which is quite useful. The free arm feature provides for easy circular motion. The many speed settings allow better accessibility while using. The length of stitching is adjustable which makes your work on this sewing machine easy and it also contains basic accessories with the entire package.
- This sewing machine is easily adjustable with thirteen built-in stitch settings.
- There are 9 applications which enable you to do buttonholing, rolled hemming and stretch stitching and a number of other functions.
- This purchase lets you have a manufacturing warranty of 2 years without any worries.
- A lightweight sewing machine that is easy to carry with a circular arm motion feature is the best of what you get from the purchase of this wonderful sewing machine.
- This Lightweight sewing machine can be used for faster sewing for a longer duration of time.
- The solid and heavily built body and sturdy base made from aluminum die cast ensures that your work is done with convenience.
- It can be worked on comfortably with an extension table as well.
- As mentioned earlier, although it comes with a demonstration presentation, Usha has a very ill reputation in this case.
5. Singer Start 1306 Sewing Machine, White
Although Singer Start is a considerably newer brand compared to others, this brand name has gained a reputation for less expense with brand value, as it is affordable along with all the necessary inbuilt features and is reliable without any issues at all. It consists of six built-in stitches with 4 basics, 1 decorative, and 1 buttonhole.
It has a simple design with a wonderful performance. The sturdy built body lacks only one negligible issue of low-quality colour material used on the body of the product. It is provided with two years of manufacturing warranty which is a very good choice for purchase.
- It is provided with 6 types of stitches with four basic, one decorative and one buttonhole.
- It is available with a 2 years manufacturing warranty from the date of purchase.
- This automatic sewing machine is ideal for both beginners and experts.
- The heavy duty aluminium die-cast body of the machine provides long life usage.
- Due to its affordable price it is very much accessible for the beginners.
- It is provided with LED light to enable better vision while sewing conveniently.
- A single foot pad can be used for creating all kinds of stitches and patterns.
- Stitch quality is unbeatable as it sews a little slow pace.
- The foot pad is enabled with an Extra high presser which lets you work easier.
- Foot paddle is less responsive in some cases.
6. Singer Promise 1304 Sewing Machine, White
Singers next sewing machine inline is a better version with a premium feature from the same brand and is a bit expensive considering its premium features, great built body, and excellent performance provide you with a great working experience on this sewing machine.
- It is available with 8 inbuilt stitch settings with 6 for basic and 1 for decoration.
- The sturdy and heavily built metal body of the sewing machine allows you to work easier for a long time,with longer life and performance.
- It is available with a 2 year’s manufacturing warranty from the date of purchase.
- This is one of the best sewing machines and it is provided at a very good discount which lets you save some money.
- You are able to do more crafts with additional numbers of stitches provided in the settings with ease in no time.
- you can purchase all the basic accessories at no extra cost with the entire package.
- Some negative reviews have been posted from certain consumers.
7. Singer 4423 Sewing Machine
The Singer 8280 sewing machine is SINGER’s advanced model and is best known for all the functionality of a small device. This product has all the stitch control buttons on the right side so that you can easily rotate it to the pattern you want. Using this machine is easy, that’s why you may find it a better choice than other machines. Build quality is also good to choose instead of buying others.
The Shuttle mechanism with the automatic sewing system provides very good sewing speed for beginners. One of the great things about Singer products is that they are very affordable and well worth a review. There are several small problems, such as quality adjustment of some functions and difficulties in searching for after-sales service.
It has easy to change foot pads thanks to a quality design.
Thread cutters are added to the presser foot bar for quick and safe use.
Several sewing settings on the button facilitate the work. Change the speed with the speed control knob for precise use.
It comes with 7 preset stitch patterns for better use. With inbuilt lights, you will clearly see these points. Thanks to the drum arm covering it, it makes it easier for you to sew circles. The thread cutters are easy to use and safer than others. It has a heavy metal frame that makes it amazing.
- 7 inbuilt stitch patterns within it allow you to work on it in a better way.
- The inbuilt light allows you to have a clearer view of your sewing.
- Circular stitches let you work with a free arm.
- Thread cutters provided makes it simple to use, and a safe choice compared to others.
- Heavily build metal body makes it a very good choice for purchase.
- It is somewhat expensive to move it when you go somewhere else.
8. Singer Promise 1408 Sewing Machine
If you want to buy a beautiful-looking sewing machine to gift someone and you are willing to spend a sparing amount of money to spend on it then Singer Promise 1408 sewing machine is a perfect choice.
Elegant design with two dials for sewing and speed adjustment. This machine runs at a very high speed, which is 700 SPM, which is a better option compared to others, and in addition to purchasing a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, this product is loaded with benefits.
With 10 inbuilt sewing functions. You can choose your required styling and work accordingly and thereby complete your project seamlessly. The stitch length can be adjusted according to your needs and can be used for all basic and decorative designs, including buttonholing.
- The zigzag machine with fins saves time. With quick and easy threading, you need to spend less time sewing. Comes with 10 internal stitches, including a four-step buttonholing.
- The manufacturer offers a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase.
- The zig-zag stitch saves time and is sure to give you optimal results.
- It is designed with perfection in mind to remain stable during use at full speed. The warranty ensures that the product is used safely and reliably.
- The body is plastic but feels pretty solid for the price. Good choice for beginners and intermediate people who want to sew.
- The plastic body
9. Computerized Brother Sewing Machine
Brother FS 101 Computerized Plastic Sewing Machine, White
The sewing machine with some advanced features on this list is my brother’s computerized sewing machine designed for professionals. It has all the basic features you would expect from a very expensive product. It’s expensive, but looking at the features and performance, it’s guaranteed to be better and cheaper for all the features on a small device.
It has a lightweight design with a solid base, you will definitely like it. Preferably 100 needles, 55 of which are in alphabetical order, so that you can enjoy this sewing machine. It can take your creativity and productivity to the next level. This is why it is more reliable than the others and very good to hit. These factors can easily help you grow taller
- This weighs only 6.96 kiograms.It is easy to pick up and save as a compact design with lower weight.
- Its sturdy base and outstanding design provide impressive performance during use.
- Reliable for long-term use, speed over 700 SPM, is perfect for use.
- Built-in Thread is easy to use and fully usable.
- This is perfect for creativity, because of more than 55 alphabet point numbers provided in it.
- It is true to increase productivity due to its high speed settings.
- It has been manufactured from high quality material resulting in excellent performance.
- The total number of 8 buttonholes have been provided with this product.
- This product is available without any demos.
10. Brother GS 3700 Sewing Machine
The next product on this list is from the Brother brand, which is definitely a good choice due to after-sales service. Brother brands have been on the market for a long time, with their printers and other household appliances.
Brother GS 3700 sewing machines, lets you view amazing construction quality, durable base, high-quality style, and easy-to-use functions for beginners.
It has a white appearance, which looks absolutely enough to appreciate the product, but even with a high-quality appearance, the plastic is easily scratched. In addition to this unique scam, you also have a knob to adjust the stitch and speed of the machine. Therefore, beginners may find that the product has all the basic functions in one unit and is easy to use.
- There are 71 stitches total, which can be used in conjunction with all 37 stitches making it safer to use.
- The LED lights are pre-installed, so you can clearly see the stitches.
- DVD is included to help you understand how to use this unit.
- Its width-length controllers help to provide a perfect sewing experience with its stitches.
- There are 71 stitches to improve the sewing experience.
- Designed for beginners, it is loaded with all the functions you want.
- At this price and with all the features, the build quality is real.
- Lightweight, with a zigzag pattern and many other functions in one unit.
- The body is easily scratch able with sharp objects.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You should always buy a sewing machine according to your required needs and the amount of money you can spend. However, according to customer reviews, the Usha Janome Wonder Stitch is by far one of the best sewing machines on the market in 2021. It is a bit expensive, but it’s worth the price in comparison to the built-in features and in view of the usefulness in terms of the crafts you are able to make from it.
With its 21 applications and 13 built-in stitches, you are able to produce a variety of crafts depending on the level of your expertise. It is one of the best sewing machines in India you can find under 15,000 rupees.
Usha is one of the leading sewing machine brands in India.
The best sewing machine under 10,000 comes from Usha is USHA Janome Dream Stitch. The built-in 7 point function and 14 sample functions are the best that you can get in this price range. If you are a beginner or purchased this product for home sewing needs, this is the product for you. However, you can use it for business purposes as well.
There can be a number of reasons the needle breaks during heavy use. If you use the wrong needle for the fabric, the needle may break, after a long period of continuous work, your needle may break.
If you pull the thread vigorously while sewing, you may break the needle. Check whether the condition of the bobbin is normal or whether there are knots in the thread. If your needle does not fit on your machine, it may break.
It varies on your preferences and which machine you use. If you are one of those who want to work on a manual machine, you do not need to use the closer. Your feet help you to turn the wheel. If you can easily retrieve it, you can completely avoid the machine with the press machine.
What should be done if the top thread breaks repeatedly First, you have to make sure about the quality of the thread you are using. Threading the machine correctly is an essential step. If it stays loose, it can break. Pairing with incorrect thread or needle can cause the thread to break repeatedly, a rough stain around the bobbin case, needle plate, or hook may break the thread.
There can be a wide range of reasons behind the noise, which you have to seek out and act on. If your machine has not been maintained properly or has been left unused for an extended period of time, you have to ensure if it is working properly.
You have to make sure t is the needle that is resulting in the issue, then replace it and continue stitching gently. If you see lint has accumulated under the needle plate or the windle use a lint-cleaning brush. Make sure to tighten the screw and if your problem is still not solved, take the machine for repair.
The various kinds of sewing machines available in India:
You can choose from a variety of sewing machines from the Indian market. Take a quick look at some products, and you can find the categories listed below. All these designs are made for different purposes, if you are planning to buy a new sewing machine you can have a look at the best of the products listed below:
- Mechanical sewing machine
Mechanical sewing machines, also known as just sewing machines, are very simple to work with and right for the people, learning the skill, especially for trade. The machine has a lesser number of features and Sewing is not that hard in this machine. The machine is repairable at a very low cost.
It is inbuilt with a manual foot paddle and seam length is quite adjustable. The only problem regarding the machine is the manual threading of the needle. The durability of the sewing machine depends on the process of its manufacture.
- Overlock sewing machine
This type of system is also known as a serger. Overlock sewing machines are used for seams and overlocks in fabrics. This sewing machine is suitable for professional tailors who can work on this with ease and experience. The finished materials are produced from this machine.
These are used to create borders in the fabrics by the sewing industry. The machine is enabled with an inbuilt cutter for cutting multiple numbers of uneven edges.
- Electronic sewing machines
This sewing machine paved the way for the next level of sewing. It has many features and advantages over mechanical sewing machines. This is helpful for architectural decoration and other additional features. An experienced person can quickly sew it with an electronic sewing machine.
This is why large apparel companies sew fabrics on this sewing machines computer or automatic sewing this type of sewing machine uses the most upgraded technology and allows you to sew with ease this system can be run on digitally and this applies to large-scale industrial applications the machine contains many rotating needles and bobbins for high-speed operation.
The machine is durable and uses a special function called automatic mode. Switching mode to automatically control machine speed and other functions.
- Embroidery sewing machine
Machine embroidery, as the name implies, is used t create great embroidery on fabrics. Foot presser can be added with the machine for embroidery. This product is suitable mostly for professionals as it is costlier than other machines and allows create the best embroidery designs on fabric.
After looking at these machines, you can easily find the right model for your specific needs from the right brand considering the brand value and reputation. with which your task becomes easier and you can greatly benefit from it.
The market is filled with both mechanical and electrical sewing machines, and the popularity of mechanical machines is declining day by day.
The benefits of sewing machines
Sewing machines have many advantages, such as being faster than sewing machines and tending to be more accurate than sewing with a sewing machine. If your clothes are damaged, you are required to buy them from a clothes shop.
If you have a sewing machine you get to work your fabrics, under your roof. You are able to make changes to your favourite clothes, recreate your pants or skirt, or reverse the length of your shirt sleeves.
The sewing machine allows you to adjust the stitches to your wishes and choose from a variety of sewing options, such as zigzag stitch. You can also create handmade gifts for loved ones and recycle used clothing for decorative purposes. If you have skills to create, having a sewing machine helps a lot to improve your skills and create an impressive style with your sewing machine. Sewing machines lets you create decorative as well as normal Sewing
A sewing machine comes with various plus points like faster than conventional sewing, stitches made with a machine, tends to be more accurate and if your garments get damaged you need not go to a tailor shop, all the things can be done under your roof. You can modify your favorite garments so that it fits you even better, like hemming your pants or skirts, alter the length of your shirt’s sleeves, etc.
In a sewing machine, the seam can be adjusted according to the option and several point options to select suture points from zigzag. You can make a home gift for your loved ones, you can recycle objects that can decorate your old clothes. If you like originality, the sewing machine will be useful in several ways. If you want to make an impressive style, You can really do it with a sewing machine. The sewing machine can be used for a variety of personal customizations and decorations.
Sewing by hand used to be time-consuming work once which is why people often visited Tailors. And with a sewing machine at home makes your everyday sewing seem like a piece of cake and it’s much faster than Sewing by hand.The speed of the machine allows you to work faster and save a lot of your time.
- Income Generation
If you possess a sewing machine you have the benefit of having to start your own business without much investment and make some earnings.
You may Start-up a small enterprise of garments manufacturing units or form co-operatives and in the process provide yourself with the specific materials from partially funded government loans and may produce in the marketplace and uplift yourself with a stable source of income.
Features to Look For While Buying a Sewing Machine
Sewing machines are manufactured by a number of brands, with a number of features to choose from. The common features to look for in a good sewing machine are as follow –
Various companies produce different brands and models with different features in their products. Let us have a look at the common features to look for while buying these products.
- Stitches Count
The basic stitch counts are provided with every machine and it is advisable to get the best deal available while purchasing. You may rely on purchasing a sewing machine with 8 stitches features as it may be utilized for 6 basics, 1 decorative, and 1 for buttonholing.
Stitches per minute are the speed of the machine, which can be considered as a requisite for a fast machine. The core design of the Usha, Brother, and Singer brands gives you 600 SPM with normal speed ensuring stitch strength.
- Presser Feet Choices
You can choose to use a foot presser which may easily improve usability, and you can achieve more productivity through such functions. Additional features include button presser foot, blind seam presser foot, zipper presser foot, variable-width presser foot, and presser foot.
Machines that don’t make much noise are more reliable. Products that are noisy can make your work difficult and you may not like the outcome which is why you have to ensure that it works quietly during long use.
- Built quality
Having quality builds can make work easier in the selection process, so you can rely on high price tags because they have superior build quality. Compared with other products, this type of product is reliable and worthy of consideration.
- Additional Tweaks
All included accessories must be genuine and must be purchased. Even most machines have a built-in thread cutter to adjust stitch speed and length.
This is not a feature, but it is absolutely important during the purchase process. Always check the product reviews to get the best price, and never encounter any problems with such things in the future.
Considering these basic functions, you can easily see that choosing the best sewing machine is not a big deal. If you are buying a new sewing machine for the first time, you should choose true production quality and try to budget for the same product. This method will simplify the work and allow you to get a suitable quote at a fair price.
Safety tips when using a sewing machine
For beginners, it is necessary to follow the safety tips of the sewing machine, which are also mentioned in the product manual. So, if you bought a new sewing machine and you are just a beginner, you should follow the safety tips mentioned below:
- Demo from the manufacturer
If a Demo for the product is offered by the manufacturer, then you can surely get it. I may help you to understand the machine properly.
- Sewing machine cord
After a long time of use, the shape of the sewing machine thread gets twisted, and it is easy to break with a little pressure. To eradicate this problem, you need to take a look and make sure the tip is sharp.
Be sure to unplug the power plug after working on the sewing machine. Some people have children, and they can get hurt while playing, so an electric sewing machine should never be kept on standby.
- Keep Accessories at the right place
A number of sharp objects like safety pins and other sharp pins are present in the sewing accessories box, so make sure to keep them in the right place to avoid getting hurt while lifting.
Next important thing is that you make sure you put something in your eyes to avoid getting into trouble.
After going through our top picks and their features, you can easily find the best deal available and if you want to buy all by yourself and do not want to consider the products mentioned, you may search for the features we have mentioned and make your own decision.
The satisfaction of choosing the right product is always high, and you are sure to choose a product from our mentioned products.